![]() |
| Fun with moon sand. |
Breakfast:
eggs with lentils
soaked oatmeal with blueberries
Eggs with lentils is a new breakfast idea at the Clementi house. I soaked the lentils for a day and then cooked them with homemade chicken stock and a package of bacon. This made a huge potful that we reheat a portion of for breakfast. We then serve over-easy eggs on top and the yolk mixes in nicely with the lentils. It sounds a bit weird but it is really yummy.
Lunch:
Egg in the hole made with pastured eggs, good butter, and Ezekial sprouted bread
Cucumbers and carrots from the CSA.
Cherry tomatoes from Dad and Kelly's garden.
(I had leftovers at work from the night before and a banana.)
Snacks:
Apple slices
I had an avocado and dark chocolate. Separately.
Dinner:
Barbeque Chicken in the crockpot. I make this ahead and put in the crockpot that day. This is so easy. I make homemade bbq sauce from this recipe and freeze it to use as necessary. But you could use a good quality bbq sauce without corn syrup and add some broth. I threw in some fresh peppers and onions left from a different recipe. This is a good recipe to sneak in some veggies: finely chopped carrots and spinach especially. I used free-range boneless, skinless chicken thighs from Trader Joe's because they are much cheaper than breasts.
We also had leftover cucumber salad and leftover sauteed summer squash.

No comments:
Post a Comment