I subscribe to a huge number of blogs about eating and cooking. So I was thinking that I should put up some links occasionally to some "Stuff I Like" because somebody else might like too. Plus, it may help me remember where I saw something when I can't remember where it was I was looking for.
Cool stuff I read this week:
Dark Chocolate Reviews at Mark's Daily Apple. Valhorona is my #1 choice also. I get it at Trader Joes and it is very reasonable because you need only a little. My almost daily sweet treat.
Why I am going to try to grow raspberries again. We had a lot of success with these at our old house but they died at the new house only 20' from the old ones. Must be another drainage and sunlight issue.
The idea of 100% homemade christmas sounds heavenly. Christmases have been getting more and more simple for us each year. I can't sew though so it might be a little way off for us. I am planning on making the girls homemade tutus that I saw in a magazine that are a no-sew project so maybe I will do that as a gift.
Yet another article on stock making. I like this one a lot.
Look in your yard or waste areas for purslane. It is delicious! Try it in a salad and you will be hooked. Best part: yes my favorite word - FREE.
Earlier this year, I finally got my hands on some Pomona's Pectin to make low-sugar strawberry jam. Highly recommend this. I got mine at Whole Foods in the baking area but my local health food store offered to order it for me. I did a no-cook version of the jam that comes with the direction sheet inside the box. This link shows the Pomona's box.
Finally, one of my favorite cookbooks is How to Cook Everything by Mark Bittman. This blogger is making his recipes and she made one of my favorites, Bologonese sauce. If you are looking for a good, comprehensive cookbook, this is it. I don't recommend it for beginning cooks though.
Einkorn Pasta Salad with Pesto Vinaigrette
4 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment