Tuesday, August 3, 2010

8/3: Busy Day

Today was a busy day.  Iris had physical therapy and Lily had swim lessons and I had work.  John had to fix the sump pump because it wasn't operating properly after he installed the battery backup last month and we had water in the basement AGAIN.  Here is what we ate today:

Breakfast:
I had coffee.  John and the kids had 2 overeasy eggs and soaked oatmeal with blueberries.

Lunch:
Grass-fed hotdogs and apricots and plums.
I had Subway at work. I would have rather had hotdogs.

Snack:
Apple slices for the kids.  I had a piece of trader joe's dark chocolate.

Dinner:
Leftovers from last week.
I made Salisbury steak and creamed spinach the night before.  John made the mashed potatoes that day.  We had enough leftovers for tonight.  The recipe was from Racheal Ray. I've made this a few times and it was good. I added a couple eggs and handful of breadcrumbs to the steak mixture since it fell apart for me in the past.  I had a package of presliced portobella mushrooms and used those instead of the mixture it calls for.  I didn't have Boursin cheese for the mashed potatoes and instead used equal parts butter and cream cheese. I then added some garlic from our CSA and chives from the garden. I had a shallot left and threw that in also.  For the creamed spinach, I used fresh kale and chard from the CSA with a bit of garlic and the other half of the block of cream cheese left from the potatoes.

No comments: