Saturday, January 27, 2018

#8: French Omelet

French Omelet (page 18).  I knew this would be challenging.  Bridget warned me in the sidebar that it would be challenging.  Serious Eats warned me.  There's even a youtube video on how to fold it.

But if I'm going to try to make all the recipes, might as well get it over with.

Flop #1: Disaster



















Flop #2: Slightly better but couldn't get it rolled properly.




















Difficulty
Difficult in technique.  Fastidious directions and fussy to deal with.  But it is fast and has few ingredients that are always on hand.

Would I make it again? 
Yes, because I think with experience, I could get better at the technique.

Family Ratings and Comments
John: 8, liked the cheese flavor.
Karen:  8.  The texture is divine. Silky and delicious. Would be good with fresh garden chives this spring.  Bridget is a show off with this recipe but major props to her for being a kitchen rock star.
Lily: 7, hard to make.  "it's eggs *shrug*"
Iris: 10, please make this again.
Total 33/40

p.s. I've tried twice more since I first scheduled this post and they were both epic fails.  Ugh.

No comments: