Wednesday, January 3, 2018

#2: Shrimp and Grits

Continuing on with the Christmas shrimping (I had bought a big bag at Whole Foods), I decided to make Shrimp and Grits (page 98).

Unfortunately, I had purchased the pre-cleaned shrimp so didn't have any shells or tails for the shrimp stock. Instead, I used the strained poaching liquid from the Shrimp Cocktail recipe.  So the sauce was probably not as flavorful as it should have been.  The spices were perfect.

The grits were outstanding.   Creamy, fluffy, decadent.

I liked this recipe a lot.  It was easy with the cleaned shrimp, but lacked some of the depth of flavor that the shrimp shells would have brought to the party.





















Lily loved it so much that she gave it "clown eyes".  That means her eyes are popping out of her head.

Difficulty
Medium

Would I make it again? 
Yes, definitely.  When I have the time.  Not a weeknight meal, but I'm ok with that.

Family ratings and comments
John: he liked it.  8.5
Karen: 8 for shrimp and 9 for grits = 8.5
Lily: love it.  10
Iris:  not her thing because of the shrimp but she did eat a bite.  6
Total: 35/40

No comments: