Diluted white vinegar. I buy these big containers of vinegar at walmart and dilute them 50% with water. Usually I use 1 empty jug and pour half of the new jug into it. Once the clothes go through the dryer, they do not smell like vinegar anymore. They are not perfumey like normal fabric softener, which is great for me but may take some getting used to.
Hand Soap
I use Dr. Bronner's liquid that has been diluted and refill the containers. You don't need much for regular hand soap.
Hand Sanitizer
http://www.ehow.com/how_2324003_gel-hand-sanitizer.html
Witch hazel is primarily rubbing alcohol. I use rubbing alcohol instead of witch hazel. Either one is fine. The essential oils are optional. Tip: Save the empty pump dispensers from the regular hand sanitizer and refill.
Deodorant
Here are a bunch of ideas:
http://www.thegreenestdollar.com/2009/04/how-to-make-your-own-deodorant/
Keep in mind that this is not antiperspirant. I still occasionally need to use Secret on stressful days.
There are tons more ideas on dollarstretcher.com and thegreenestdollar.com, mommysavers.com, etc. etc. etc.
No comments:
Post a Comment